All event times listed are Eastern Standard Time zone (EST: New York). A time zone converter is available here.
- This event has passed.
Teaching the SDGs: Innovations in teaching about the Sustainable Development Goals
March 7 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In an ever-changing world with increasingly complex challenges, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) require rethinking norms and imagining innovative solutions. Post-secondary institutions play an important role in building capacity among learners to address this work.
With a desire to create learning experiences that are meaningful, creative and transformative, educators have to reflect on how traditional teaching methods can be improved through innovation in the classroom.
This panel will explore innovation in the context of teaching the SDGs, approaches to teaching using innovative strategies to help improve learning outcomes in universities and colleges across Canada.
Hosted by SDSN Canada and the Sustainability Hub at University of British Columbia
Moderator: Ramota Morenike Ojurongbe, program coordinator SDSN Canada
1. Kshamta Hunter- Manager of Transformative Learning & Student Engagement with the UBC Sustainability Hub
2. Dr. Alistair Edgar- Associate Professor of Political Science at Wilfrid Laurier University
3. Aditi Garg is an educational development specialist, University of Saskatchewan
4. Rosalind Warner, College Professor at Okanagan College
5. Dr. Candy Ho- University Lead, Sustainable Development Goals at Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Office of the Provost and Vice President Academic