The SDG Action & Awareness Week working group has curated a list of essential Sustainable Development Goals resources for students, faculty, and staff to utilize in furthering their knowledge of and engagement with the SDGs, with a focus on virtual interaction. Resources are organized below based upon how much time you have to dedicate.
- Watch: a short video (Lightning Talks) on an SDG-related topic from the UGC Annual Gathering
- Download and explore: the SDGs in Action app (through the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs)
- Post on social media about your/your organization’s SDG-related work using the hashtags #SDGWeek2022 and #universityglobalcoalition
- View information on organizations funding the SDGs
- Attend: an event during SDG Action & Awareness Week (Feb 28-March 4, 2022)
- Watch UGC’s January 18, 2022 webinar on “Engaging Your Campus Around the SDGs”
- Read the UGC Student Action Tookit/Kit de Acción Estudiantil (description and link below in resources)
- Read: Sustainable Foundations: A Guide for Teaching the Sustainable Development Goals (The Manitoba Council for International Cooperation) (linked below)
- Read: Accelerating Education for the SDGs in Universities (Sustainable Development Solutions Network) (linked below)
- Read: McGill University’s Undergraduate SDG Guide
- View: The Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals (WorldBank)
- View one of the events from Canada’s 2022 conference on the SDGs in higher education: Together|Ensemble
The Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals (WorldBank)
The Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals 2020 presents interactive storytelling and data visualizations about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. It highlights trends for selected targets within each goal and introduces concepts about how some SDGs are measured. Where data is available, it also highlights the emerging impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the SDGs. The Atlas draws from the World Bank’s World Development Indicators database, as well as from a wide variety of relevant data sources from scientists and other researchers worldwide. https://datatopics.worldbank.org/sdgatlas/
Members of college and university student organizations and students seeking service hours could organize and complete volunteer activities online. The following guide contains a list of volunteer activities, including many that can be done partially or entirely online, matched to each SDG: https://unausa.org/sdg-activity-guide/.