All event times listed are Eastern Standard Time zone (EST: New York). A time zone converter is available here.
- This event has passed.
UN High Level Political Forum 2022
July 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - July 15, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
“HIGH-LEVEL POLITICAL FORUM 2022
The meeting of the HLPF in 2022 will be held from Tuesday, 5 July, to Thursday, 7 July, and from Monday, 11 July, to Friday, 15 July 2022 , under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. This includes the three-day ministerial segment of the forum from Wednesday, 13 July, to Friday, 15 July 2022. The high-level segment of the Council will conclude with a final day on Monday, 18 July 2022.
The theme for the 2022 HLPF is “ Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development ”.
As the world is struggling to recover from COVID-19 amidst continuing crises, the HLPF will reflect on how recovery policies can reverse the negative impacts of the pandemic on the SDGs and move countries on to a path to realize the vision of the 2030 Agenda.
The HLPF will also review in-depth Sustainable Development Goals 4 on quality education, 5 on gender equality, 14 on life below water, 15 on life on land, and 17 on partnerships for the Goals. It will take into account the different impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic across all Sustainable Development Goals and the integrated, indivisible and interlinked nature of the Goals.
- New: Letter from the President of ECOSOC on the 2022 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development and ECOSOC High-level Segment (4 July 2022)
- New: Draft programme at a glance for the 2022 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
- New: Annotated programme with speakers (12 July 2022)
- New: Tentative Programme of Side-events (11 July 2022)
- New: Information Note (29 June 2022)
- Secretariat’s concept note for the 2022 HLPF
- Invitation letter from the President of ECOSOC for the 2022 High-level Segment of ECOSOC and High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) (6 April 2022)
Following 44 countries will carry out voluntary national reviews (VNRs) of their implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the 2022 HLPF:
Andorra, Argentina, Belarus, Botswana, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Luxembourg, Malawi, Mali, Montenegro, Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Sao Tome and Principe , Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Switzerland, Togo, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay
For more details, please click here.
The HLPF will adopt the Ministerial Declaration as the outcome of its session. The President of ECOSOC will also prepare a summary to capture the key messages of the discussions. For more information, click here”